The American Bar Association has created a new web resource devoted to the clemency process in death penalty cases. The resource, called the Capital Clemency Resource Initiative Clearinghouse, is the result of a collaboration between the ABA Death Penalty Representation Project and the Death Penalty Due Process Project. Misty Thomas, chief counsel for the Death Penalty Due Process Project, said that in every state the project has studied, there were insignificant resources for and attention paid to clemency. The resource is designed to address this issue. Learn more here.
- Executive Director Dawn Blagrove Wins 2020 King Leader Award
- Our Growing Evolution to EmancipateNC
- Can the Taxpayers of Raleigh (or Any Municipality) Afford NOT to Have a Police Oversight Board?
- Citations Instead of Arrests Lower Wilson County Incarceration Rate
- Emancipate NC Says Law Enforcement Brutalizing Citizens Can Never Be Justified