In response to a Charlotte Observer investigation regarding prison corruption, Senate leader Phil Berger has said that he plans to call for a legislative inquiry on prison corruption. Moreover, Governor Roy Cooper has called upon Secretary of Public Safety Erik Hooks to identify ways to address the issues identified in the investigation. The investigation exposed a host of problems. These include officers physically abusing inmates, permitting or encouraging attacks on inmates, having sex with inmates, and running contraband rings inside prisons. Learn more at http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article155319679.html
- Executive Director Dawn Blagrove Wins 2020 King Leader Award
- Our Growing Evolution to EmancipateNC
- Can the Taxpayers of Raleigh (or Any Municipality) Afford NOT to Have a Police Oversight Board?
- Citations Instead of Arrests Lower Wilson County Incarceration Rate
- Emancipate NC Says Law Enforcement Brutalizing Citizens Can Never Be Justified