In mid-June, the North Carolina Senate passed House Bill 774, “Amend Certificates of Relief.” Courts can issue “certificates of relief” to individuals. With this certificate, if that person is hired and commits a crime involving their job or employer, the employer is not held liable. Because the new law gives people with criminal records more opportunities to gain employment, it has the potential to reduce recidivism.
- Executive Director Dawn Blagrove Wins 2020 King Leader Award
- Our Growing Evolution to EmancipateNC
- Can the Taxpayers of Raleigh (or Any Municipality) Afford NOT to Have a Police Oversight Board?
- Citations Instead of Arrests Lower Wilson County Incarceration Rate
- Emancipate NC Says Law Enforcement Brutalizing Citizens Can Never Be Justified