In mid-June, the North Carolina Senate passed House Bill 774, “Amend Certificates of Relief.” Courts can issue “certificates of relief” to individuals. With this certificate, if that person is hired and commits a crime involving their job or employer, the employer is not held liable. Because the new law gives people with criminal records more opportunities to gain employment, it has the potential to reduce recidivism.
- Poetic Justice Preview Held for the Religious Coalition for a Nonviolent Durham
- Take Time to Watch the Disturbing, yet Necessary “When They See Us”
- Announcing Our 2019 Poetic Justice Event
- CJPC Executive Director Joins Local Activists to Demand Accountability from Raleigh Police
- CJPC Named One of 16 Recipients of the Vera Institute for Justice “In Our Backyards” Grant