On July 26, 2017, the state of Ohio executed Ronald Phillips. This execution marked the first after a three and a half year moratorium. It is yet another example of why death penalty moratoriums should not lull activists into a false sense of complacency. To learn more about this execution, visit https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/tomorrow-ohio-plans-restart-executions-drugs-known-torture?redirect=blog/speak-freely/tomorrow-state-ohio-will-risk-torturing-man-death
- Executive Director Dawn Blagrove Wins 2020 King Leader Award
- Our Growing Evolution to EmancipateNC
- Can the Taxpayers of Raleigh (or Any Municipality) Afford NOT to Have a Police Oversight Board?
- Citations Instead of Arrests Lower Wilson County Incarceration Rate
- Emancipate NC Says Law Enforcement Brutalizing Citizens Can Never Be Justified