The U.S Imprisonment rate has dropped 11% since peaking in 2008, according to the Pew Charitable Trust Public Safety Performance Project. This marks the lowest rate since 1997. The decrease has coincided with long-term reductions in crime. Since 2008, combined national and property crime rates have dropped 23 percent. 36 states have experienced this decrease in imprisonment, with declines of 15 percent or more in more than 20 states. To learn more, click here.
- Executive Director Dawn Blagrove Wins 2020 King Leader Award
- Our Growing Evolution to EmancipateNC
- Can the Taxpayers of Raleigh (or Any Municipality) Afford NOT to Have a Police Oversight Board?
- Citations Instead of Arrests Lower Wilson County Incarceration Rate
- Emancipate NC Says Law Enforcement Brutalizing Citizens Can Never Be Justified